Indian Cricketer's Salary 2013
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced its central player contract for the year 2013.
The contracted players are divided into 3 categories: Group A, Group B and Group C. The Indian board awarded contracts to 37 of India's best players, with nine getting Grade A (Rs 1 crore, around $186,000 per annum) , eight in Grade B (Rs 50 lakh, around $93,000 per annum) and 20 Grade C contracts (Rs 25 lakh, around $46,500 per annum).
Grade A: Retainership Fees Rs 1 crore per annum
Players in Grade A: Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli, R Ashwin
Grade B: Retainership Fees Rs 50 Lakh per annum
Players in Grade B: Harbhajan Singh, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara,Ajinkya Rahane, Irfan Pathan, Umesh Yadav
Grade C: Retainership Fees Rs 25 Lakh per annum
Players in Grade C: Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Mishra, Vinay Kumar, Munaf Patel, Abhimanyu Mithun, M Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Wriddhiman Saha, Parthiv Patel, Manoj Tiwary, S Badrinath, Piyush Chawla, Dinesh Karthik, Rahul Sharma, Varun Aaron, Abhinav Mukund, Ashok Dinda, Yusuf Pathan, Praveen Kumar, L Balaji.
The players in the playing eleven of the team also get an additional fee:
- Test Match: Rs 7 Lakh per match
- One-Day Internationals: Rs 4 Lakh per match
- Twenty20 Internationals: Rs 2 Lakh per match
- Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman retired while Ishant Sharma and Harbhajan Singh were demoted from Group A.
- Praveen Kumar and Ravindra Jadeja were demoted to Group C from Group B last year. Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane and Umesh Yadav were promoted to Group B this year.
- Irfan Pathan who didn't got a contract from BCCI last year made a strong comeback and got a place in Group B